Valerie would give Adrian credit, the woman knew how to talk. She had an easy-going, friendly vibe about her that was immediately disarming, and she could see how the woman could be a salesman in another life. She reminded her a lot of her mother in that way, the previous Valley Doll. How she could be friendly and all smiles while she drew the audience in, then be kicking someone’s head off their shoulders a few minutes later. It was a talent that never truly translated.
Needless to say, but the idea of letting her speak for her was becoming increasingly enticing.
”I don’t hate that idea.” She folded her arms and nodded, then tilted her head to the side and shrugged. ”Though I don’t know how intimidating I could really be. I wear a pink and white singlet to the ring.”
The question was interesting, though, and she rubbed her shoulder as she considered it. ”I mean, yeah, that happens. But you’ve got to be hanging around backstage a lot if you expect to get a title shot that way.” She shrugged. ”I’m not sure if I’m ready for the title scene yet, though. My Mom said I should take my time, you know? Build up ‘cred’, or whatever.” Yes, she busted out airquotes for that.
My Generation
- BlackAkuma
- Legend
- Posts: 7314
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 pm
- Has thanked: 1440 times
- Been thanked: 838 times
Re: My Generation
Yup, definitely winning her over with the sweet talk added onto the sales pitch the retired veteran thought to herself, feeling like she was getting close to sealing the deal and getting her first client in the books with just a little more buttering up...
"Not intimidating? Have you seen your arms?" Adrian pumped up her (still potential) client "I know I'm outta shape right now but even at peak fitness my biceps were way smaller. You could be wearing yellow polka dots and still be scary when you're throwing fools around. Work in a glare and you're gold." The brunette said enthusiastically, hyping up VDIII before going back to title talk.
"I guess it is a long way from here to the ring for good reason. Stops any potential stampede from an open challenge and your mom has a point, maybe not about the whole 'Cred' thing," She continued, adding the air quotes as well "But you gotta have a good feeling of where you stack up before you jump in if you haven't got a good plan to swoop in and steal the belt. Metaphorically I mean. But that's where having a second pair of eyes comes in handy!"
"So what do you say?" She offered, holding out her hand "We can sort out contracts later."
"Not intimidating? Have you seen your arms?" Adrian pumped up her (still potential) client "I know I'm outta shape right now but even at peak fitness my biceps were way smaller. You could be wearing yellow polka dots and still be scary when you're throwing fools around. Work in a glare and you're gold." The brunette said enthusiastically, hyping up VDIII before going back to title talk.
"I guess it is a long way from here to the ring for good reason. Stops any potential stampede from an open challenge and your mom has a point, maybe not about the whole 'Cred' thing," She continued, adding the air quotes as well "But you gotta have a good feeling of where you stack up before you jump in if you haven't got a good plan to swoop in and steal the belt. Metaphorically I mean. But that's where having a second pair of eyes comes in handy!"
"So what do you say?" She offered, holding out her hand "We can sort out contracts later."
The Green Empire
Emerald Empress Jasmine Thorn Middleweight Heel
Imperial Guard Renata Tavares Heavyweight Heel
Amethyst Dancer Mara Jingfei Middleweight Face
Emerald Empress Jasmine Thorn Middleweight Heel
Imperial Guard Renata Tavares Heavyweight Heel
Amethyst Dancer Mara Jingfei Middleweight Face
- BlackAkuma
- Legend
- Posts: 7314
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 pm
- Has thanked: 1440 times
- Been thanked: 838 times
Re: My Generation
Valerie raised an arm, looking at her biceps - which were, yes, bigger than Adrian’s, and bigger than just about any other woman she knew - then glanced at the nearest mirror on the wall. She scrunched her face up and tried to make something of a serious glare, but…eh. It just didn’t feel right. She’d never been good at summoning that sort of energy, maybe because she didn’t have to. Most times, just being the biggest woman - heck, the biggest person in the room was enough to move people as she needed to.
”I’ll leave the glaring to you, I think.” She shook it off and turned back to Adrian. ”And I say…”
Valerie chewed her lip, hesitated for a moment, then reached out and took Adrian’s hand, giving it a solid shake. ”Deal.” She nodded, then looked around. ”So when…how do we start? Do we just exchange numbers, you call me, I call you?”
”I’ll leave the glaring to you, I think.” She shook it off and turned back to Adrian. ”And I say…”
Valerie chewed her lip, hesitated for a moment, then reached out and took Adrian’s hand, giving it a solid shake. ”Deal.” She nodded, then looked around. ”So when…how do we start? Do we just exchange numbers, you call me, I call you?”
-
- Random Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1Replies
- 1633 Views
- Last post by Misfit_Alien
Sat Jun 21, 2025 12:18 am
-
- 1Replies
- 1696 Views
- Last post by Misfit_Alien
Sat Jun 21, 2025 12:18 am
-
- 13Replies
- 4549 Views
- Last post by Jaystar
Tue Jun 24, 2025 3:59 pm
-
- 1Replies
- 881 Views
- Last post by SkoomaAddict
Sat Jun 21, 2025 3:01 am
-
-
First Forrays: Ryota Nakano (D) vs Kateryna Kovalchuk (D)
Last post by MrBrightside « Sat Jun 21, 2025 4:03 am - 39Replies
- 4438 Views
- Last post by MrBrightside
Sat Nov 15, 2025 2:36 am
-
