LAW Feedback

For general/leisurely discussion
winner3
Site Admin

LAW Feedback

Unread post by winner3 »

Hey guys. I guess I wanted to make a thread checking in with folks about LAW in general. How things are going and what you guys would like to see.

Currently we're still winding down a few matches from our We Are LAW 2019 ppv. Hopefully, we can finish up in the coming weeks but if not it's not the end of the world. I've had a few people approach me with ideas for big matches they'd like to put together. I'll do a quick plug for them because I found them noteworthy and more exposure/consideration is always good.

You might have noticed @CaptainL's thread concerning a battle royal. I think it's a very ambitious idea and would take a lot of cooperation but I'm sure many folks would find it fun.

@Fairy Dragon informed me that he's been trying to recruit people for a war games match (another type of multi-man/woman match, feel free to inquire with him). Which, again, I think is ambitious but fun.

Finally, @Devilish53 has started the next leg of his Tokyo Brawl event, which I hope to find time to partake in.

As far as how things have been going, if you have any feedback or requests for things you'd like to see, please do run it by me. LAW's always been a community-based thing and I'd like to keep that trend up. So I encourage discussion.

I definitely do have ideas of my own and things I'd like to implement. And hopefully those go over well when I'm ready to pitch them. Off the top of my head, I think an official Summer LAW event kicked off sometime this summer help set up/establish more championship belts (Lawless, Mixed, World, etc.) would be a good idea.

If you feel that anything could be done to make any weight divisions/belts more interesting, or anything in general, please feel free to give constructive criticism. I'm here for you guys whenever I can be. And hopefully, you're here for me and the community as well.
-Winner's Winners/Full Roster

Discord - winner3#6867

CaptainL
Legend

Re: LAW Feedback

Unread post by CaptainL »

I don't have anything to say here, as I'm pretty happy with how LAW is going, but I will say I really like the idea behind this thread. I really do highly appreciate how friendly and open the community is here, and the fact that the admin's willing to have an open discussion with the userbase says a lot.

Noob
Eternal Rookie

Unread post by Noob »

Only criticism I got is that if certain things aren't planned way in advanced ya get things like "summer law event" bleeding into the spring of the next year or what not. Just a personal thing that I hate seeing stuff like "Christmas event name" taking place well after the thing.

Otherwise keep up the good work dude. Seems the site is doing great and with way less technical problems the more time passes which is great.

Totally gonna lobby for more events and actual "prizes" or what not. just little thing to put on a character profiles or what not and a way to actually spread things around as opposed to titles which get handed off infrequently and people take more seriously prolly?. Personally I love that stuff but that might just be me
Noob's Cavalcade of Combatants
Discord - Noob#6737
Feel free to message me about anything~
I promise I don't bite...hard

ragaz
The Fastest Sloth Alive

Unread post by ragaz »

i'd prefer if we'd skip the summer event this year and start it in next spring, because the current one is going slow. for me at least, i know that much.
Sloth's Harem
Spoiler

Mkmd13
Opener

Unread post by Mkmd13 »

I think the only feedback I have is getting an Intergender Belt going as I think that would be a highly sought after. I know that you put that in your opening post above that that is an idea that you have right now. Hopefully it's an idea that comes into fruition.

I'm not sure about the major PPV's yet as I have yet to partake in one, but after reading some of them, I find them really interesting! Since it seems like these are timed events and people are giving feedback that they are dragging along too long, why not make a time limit and post count per match? Let's say that matches shouldn't go over 40 posts and the time limit to reply to said post is 3 days from the last reply. If a person can't reply back in that 3 day time frame, then their wrestler automatically forfeits and their opponent will win.

This is just a quick idea that popped in my head though lol.
Wrestlers:

Karbon Mannering: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3641&p=69648#p69648
Long Shin: viewtopic.php?p=76011#p76011
Shenlong: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3929&p=76106#p76106

Fantasy Wrestlers:

Long Shin: viewtopic.php?p=76009#p76009
Shenlong: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3928&p=76105#p76105

Discord: NINtoolLICA#0952

Devilish53
HEE-HAW!

Unread post by Devilish53 »

Three days would be a little unfair Mk. There's some very reliable users who sometimes are unavailable for a week or so.

My only suggestion is that you encourage/enforce people to IM a good chunk of their match if they want it at a PPV or event. E.G If there was a August PPV coming up, you ask that they have two or three pages worth done by then.

anime_hentaifighter
Hall of Fame

Unread post by anime_hentaifighter »

Devilish53 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 pm
Three days would be a little unfair Mk. There's some very reliable users who sometimes are unavailable for a week or so.

My only suggestion is that you encourage/enforce people to IM a good chunk of their match if they want it at a PPV or event. E.G If there was a August PPV coming up, you ask that they have two or three pages worth done by then.
Agree with you Devilish as you also forget about vacations or just real life screwing things up. As I am certain a lot of people will be away for some days in the upcoming two to three months depending on when they take their vacation time.

Mkmd13
Opener

Unread post by Mkmd13 »

Oh, my timeline isn't set in stone or anything, it was just something I thought of right then and there. I'm sure if a vacation pops up and you discuss it both with your RP partner and the person running the PPV and they accept the time table that you told them, it could be a nice way to subvert that issue.
Wrestlers:

Fantasy Wrestlers:

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

From the sounds of it, it might be a good idea to hold off on an event that would require active participation.

It sounds like passive events that reward you for participating, like the Tokyo Brawl might be the way to go until more active users feel ready to do something else. Maybe we can focus on the Tokyo Brawl and plan a World Cup-style event for later?

Of course, we can just hang tight and not do anything at all if that's more prudent. I'm just throwing the idea out there for everyone's consideration. A world cup centered on the mixed division would help fuel activity there.
Last edited by winner3 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Winner's Winners/Full Roster

Discord - winner3#6867

Mkmd13
Opener

Unread post by Mkmd13 »

I would be all for a world cup centered on the mixed wrestling division!
Wrestlers:

Fantasy Wrestlers:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post