To the surprise of no one, I got muted on LAW's discord server. I'm not mad at the mods doing their jobs, nor at the people who probably reported me. I'm mad at myself for allowing myself to go that far.
Y'all tried to include me, y'all tried to be my friend, but, I was so focused on FTR the brand that I forgot to allow FTR the person to shine through. The mods had no choice in the matter. I deserved worse then what I got.
That being said, one of the main complaints hurled in my direction was the phrase "WE ARE FTR!" a phrase that basically defined my time on deviantArt and I figured it would do just as well here. The problem with it then as it is now is that it dehumanizes FTR the man, and puts FTR the brand on a high horse.
I must accept the fact that if I were to just leave, LAW won't even blink. It will continue, maybe for the better.
But, that being said, I've decided to quietly retire the phrase "WE ARE FTR!" It meant nothing, and it continues to mean nothing.
I've actually started using a new phrase, "Story of a Greater Love" I'm not sure if it'll stick, or even if "WE ARE FTR" will stay retired. Only time will tell in that regard
I'm sure I've alienated the entire LAW community, so I doubt anyone will even read this or even care. I can't say I blame you. The quote in my signature basically says it all.
I plan on staying, just expect me to be a little quieter in the future.
Thank you for your understanding, those who decided to humor me and read this.
-FTR
Knowing When To Let Go.
- SimplePride
- Banned
- Posts: 2644
- Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:15 pm
- Location: The 334
- Has thanked: 88 times
- Been thanked: 207 times
- Contact:
- Mart-Kos
- Ring Rat
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:51 am
- Has thanked: 562 times
- Been thanked: 36 times
Re: Knowing When To Let Go.
It's never really bothered me, we've all got our own catchphrases and quips that we use from time to time, nothing wrong with using it just don't try to force it into every little thing.
- SimplePride
- Banned
- Posts: 2644
- Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:15 pm
- Location: The 334
- Has thanked: 88 times
- Been thanked: 207 times
- Contact:
Re: Knowing When To Let Go.
What's most likely going to happen, is that "WE ARE FTR!" will still be used, but, it'll basically be less of a "branding" thing, and more a phrase that means nothing. A running gag kind of thing, a joke.
Last edited by SimplePride on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
- Random Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 49Replies
- 3680 Views
- Last post by ThatPolishDude
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:47 pm
-
-
Jason Lee vs Yukino Fuyumi: Singles Match Pinfall or Submission
Last post by Mickey « Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:34 pm - 78Replies
- 6992 Views
- Last post by CaptainL
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 pm
-
-
-
Isa - The Angel Of Ice vs Noble Rose - Frost Warning In Effect!
Last post by Jaystar « Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:11 pm - 51Replies
- 4861 Views
- Last post by Jaystar
Thu Dec 04, 2025 11:31 pm
-
-
-
Giulia La Rocca (D) vs Troy Lincoln - Una Guerra Patriottica
Last post by Jaystar « Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:15 pm - 57Replies
- 5863 Views
- Last post by Jaystar
Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:05 am
-
-
-
Who will it be, a new rival, a new student, a new friend, all together?
Last post by skip-stop « Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:01 am - 62Replies
- 8648 Views
- Last post by LawHell
Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:29 pm
-
