How should one RP with themselves?
- Ichi
- The Killer
- Posts: 803
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 pm
- Location: Behind you
- Has thanked: 175 times
- Been thanked: 352 times
- Contact:
How should one RP with themselves?
I recently adopted two characters whom I've had RPs with. However, that means that I'll be RPing with myself.
I'm not sure how to handle this case, so I made a poll.
Note that there is a moral imperative to answer this question—or rather, a pragmatic imperative insofar as anyone who does not answer this question will spontaneously develop WPW syndrome and experience paroxysmal AFib that induces VFib via an accessory pathway.
I'm not sure how to handle this case, so I made a poll.
Note that there is a moral imperative to answer this question—or rather, a pragmatic imperative insofar as anyone who does not answer this question will spontaneously develop WPW syndrome and experience paroxysmal AFib that induces VFib via an accessory pathway.
- JingleJangle
- Ring Rat
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2025 8:59 pm
- Has thanked: 15 times
- Been thanked: 75 times
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
This is a very interesting question. I'm actually torn between the option of keeping it play by post (that one if you're switching points of view between characters) and the one with a long narrative broken into multiple posts (that one if you're maintaining one of the characters as the POV character.) What do you think of it?
- Blade ocs
- Main-Eventer
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:40 pm
- Has thanked: 604 times
- Been thanked: 132 times
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
I think doing it post by post. To make or feel like a thread.
- DSX93
- Main-Eventer
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am
- Has thanked: 797 times
- Been thanked: 791 times
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
I've been working on a solo thread for a bit now, and my plan with it is to write out a long narrative, then break it into separate posts. I switch perspectives a lot, so I've been making that my cut-off point for when that would be a separate post.
- Ichi
- The Killer
- Posts: 803
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 pm
- Location: Behind you
- Has thanked: 175 times
- Been thanked: 352 times
- Contact:
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
Tbh, I'm mildly surprised that I had enough maturity to not name this thread "How should one play with themselves?".
Not that such a title would have been strictly incorrect, but I feel like most people would understand the juvenile innuendo. And that such would have detracted from the serious question I was asking.
Regardless, part of me laments that I didn't go the more immature route here.
Not that such a title would have been strictly incorrect, but I feel like most people would understand the juvenile innuendo. And that such would have detracted from the serious question I was asking.
Regardless, part of me laments that I didn't go the more immature route here.
- DSX93
- Main-Eventer
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am
- Has thanked: 797 times
- Been thanked: 791 times
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
Well, people seem to be in agreement: When you get to it, you make it long. In my opinion, you should break it afterwards.
Last edited by DSX93 on Sun May 04, 2025 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Ichi
- The Killer
- Posts: 803
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 pm
- Location: Behind you
- Has thanked: 175 times
- Been thanked: 352 times
- Contact:
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
Seems like there is a consensus on writing long.
Welp, the way the poll is going, I'll be writing in a style that I'm not the most used to writing in.
- DSX93
- Main-Eventer
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am
- Has thanked: 797 times
- Been thanked: 791 times
- Ichi
- The Killer
- Posts: 803
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 pm
- Location: Behind you
- Has thanked: 175 times
- Been thanked: 352 times
- Contact:
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
Unfortunately, I derive 97.5% of my writing powers from consumption-modulated ethanolemia—something which I'm cutting back on. So, pretty soon, my writing abilities will devolve to be commensurate with that of a lobotomized monkey due to ethanol levels in my blood becoming negligible.
(I'm joking, btw. But writing in a non-play-by-post narrative format still makes me nervous.)
(I'm joking, btw. But writing in a non-play-by-post narrative format still makes me nervous.)
- DSX93
- Main-Eventer
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am
- Has thanked: 797 times
- Been thanked: 791 times
Re: How should one RP with themselves?
If it makes you feel more comfortable, I see no reason why you ultimately shouldn't write it in a play-by-post format. It's your thread, and yours alone.
-
- Random Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 6Replies
- 968 Views
- Last post by Bare
Sat Oct 11, 2025 6:41 pm
-
- 5Replies
- 1476 Views
- Last post by Blade ocs
Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:55 am
-
- 11Replies
- 2588 Views
- Last post by Teenwrestler
Mon Mar 02, 2026 3:01 pm
-
-
Snake In The Grass/I Like The Way It Hurts -- Part 1 (Feat. Flora Summers, Maria Esteves, and Maddie Knox)
Last post by DSX93 « Mon Sep 01, 2025 5:39 am - 6Replies
- 1065 Views
- Last post by Parker
Thu Nov 20, 2025 11:36 pm
-
-
-
The Paladin and the Virus: The Ironwoman Trial (Trinette Vailant vs Spectre)
Last post by Monsy « Mon Sep 01, 2025 2:26 pm - 24Replies
- 3465 Views
- Last post by Devastated
Mon Mar 30, 2026 5:16 pm
-



