Morgan's head jerked back a bit upon hearing the answer she was given. Camille came out here with her family because her Nana got work? Was that possible in Japan for a foreigner? Well, she supposed it could be. Morgan didn't exactly have a normal career path in life with the performer route. In fact, she'd even consider it easy for a performer to work in Japan, so it sounded concrete. Though it did make her ponder exactly what Camille is doing here if she isn't working. Yeah, the family together thing but if she wasn't working that sounded awfully boring.
There was, however, one thing that Morgan had to clear up.
"You know, you shouldn't say your story is a lot less interesting. It is, you know." Morgan looked at Camille maybe not with a stern look but definitely a look that was trying to serve as a correction. "Just because I've always been a performer doesn't make me interesting. You've probably had a life that was full of interesting things that I never got to do."
That was all true, she thought as she looked forward. Morgan only ever knew about the classic high school experience for an American teen from the movies and TV shows. She had a private tutor since she was on the road touring with her parents. She didn't really live in a house or play with neighbors or have a dog. There was no prom to get dressed up for, dates to go on, or anything 'normal'.
Taking a bite of mochi and letting the mouth full of dessert fill the conversation for a moment.
"So what do you want to do in Japan, Camille? They have good colleges so I think that would be a start because they probably aren't going to let you get a job without a degree." She took another bite, choosing instead to speak through the mouthful. "Or sooth I hear, you know?"
The Great and Wonderful Escape
- CyanDimitrik
- Icon
- Posts: 3561
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 pm
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 101 times
Re: The Great and Wonderful Escape
"Well," begins Camille with some thought to hedge and dance around the fact that she's really the one with the job, "I've always been a performer, too, you know? It's like a whole family thing. You know Cancún? Is where I'm from. But not like rich people or anything."
She lifts a ball of mochi to expressively wag it about as she continues, "My mother, she was a dancer. Taught me everything I know about it. And my father, he was, ah, a whipmaster? Sounds weird when I say it. He did tricks with whips. Like stunts and stuff, see? He taught me to do 'dat, too. So when 'de family was together, I could do one or 'de other, and make some money on 'de side Sort'a espected 'dat I'd try to teach dance or open a studio, or do something with tourists. But, ayy, never happened."
There's a wistful sigh to accompany it, the girl leaning back. She pops the mochi into her mouth and chews, watching Morgan with interest in the interim. The big question, of course, isn't one she's quick to answer. It's not an easy one to answer, really. In fact, it's the easiest one to poke holes in, given immigration and visa processes. She's just eighteen, but eighteen is old enough.
"Um," she swallows. "Yes. Maybe college. But is' hard, cuz I don't speak 'de language. So I'm having to try to learn first!" Another big bite of mochi will surely spare her further scrutiny! Her eyes shift aside while she chews, putting her thoughts towards the curious new flavor.
She lifts a ball of mochi to expressively wag it about as she continues, "My mother, she was a dancer. Taught me everything I know about it. And my father, he was, ah, a whipmaster? Sounds weird when I say it. He did tricks with whips. Like stunts and stuff, see? He taught me to do 'dat, too. So when 'de family was together, I could do one or 'de other, and make some money on 'de side Sort'a espected 'dat I'd try to teach dance or open a studio, or do something with tourists. But, ayy, never happened."
There's a wistful sigh to accompany it, the girl leaning back. She pops the mochi into her mouth and chews, watching Morgan with interest in the interim. The big question, of course, isn't one she's quick to answer. It's not an easy one to answer, really. In fact, it's the easiest one to poke holes in, given immigration and visa processes. She's just eighteen, but eighteen is old enough.
"Um," she swallows. "Yes. Maybe college. But is' hard, cuz I don't speak 'de language. So I'm having to try to learn first!" Another big bite of mochi will surely spare her further scrutiny! Her eyes shift aside while she chews, putting her thoughts towards the curious new flavor.
Message me! I'm happy to hear from you!
You can also reach me at Katsumi#2325 on Discord!
My Roster
My Request Thread
You can also reach me at Katsumi#2325 on Discord!
My Roster
My Request Thread
Color Codes
Katsumi: #008000
Bandita: #FF4000
Domino: #400080
Blaise: #0040FF
Apex: #800040
Chase: #BF0000
Bandita: #FF4000
Domino: #400080
Blaise: #0040FF
Apex: #800040
Chase: #BF0000
-
- Random Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1Replies
- 1030 Views
- Last post by Galahad
Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:27 pm
-
- 37Replies
- 3171 Views
- Last post by Weonna
Mon Dec 09, 2024 1:33 am
-
- 1Replies
- 1096 Views
- Last post by Tiamat
Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:48 am
-
-
Best out of Three: Thereisa Niedermeyer vs Clara Gaster
Last post by The Riders « Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:58 am - 11Replies
- 1437 Views
- Last post by The Riders
Sat Aug 16, 2025 4:00 pm
-
-
- 3Replies
- 4936 Views
- Last post by Caborn
Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:43 pm
