For those of you that are uninitiated, King/Queen of the ring is a tradition (I believe WWE started it forever ago) that sees a company hold a recurring tournament to crown a King or Queen of the Ring. The idea is that the achievement of winning the tournament is a crowning achievement. Sometimes the winners lean into it and do a short gimmick/run with a King or Queen gimmick to really run with it, but winning the tournament (or doing well in it in general) in and of itself is a big deal.
- Please read all the rules and requirements before trying to enter a character
- I have a process through which I usually run my tournaments. I've run at least 5 or 6 tournaments in the site's history successfully and to completion. Please be willing to bear with me and place your trust in me and follow my process outlined below if you would like to participate.
- 1) Message me via site PM with the character or characters on your roster that you are considering entering. Make sure they're qualified to compete or will become qualified before the date the tourney begins (read the requirements section below to work out the details of qualifying). Once enough has passed or once I have a sizable list of entrants, I will send a group PM with a list of characters everyone intends to enter
- 2) Once everyone has seen this list, you will have a chance to swap out your character if you wish. I will then have everyone lock in their final confirmations for tournament entrants
- 3) I will then reach out to every tournament entrant individually. I will ask you for your preferences on booking, specific match-ups you want based on who else entered, and your general feedback on what you want out of the tournament. I will this feedback to the best of my ability to book the outcomes of the matches Most users are very understanding of the fact that tournaments can only have one winner, so the best way to go about these things is to focus on the stories you can tell using this event rather than banking on the possibility of winning the whole thing
- 4) I will post the bracket publicly and I will post the opening round matches publicly. But I will also begin all other matches up until and including the final round, all in private threads. This will help ensure that the tournament doesn't run super duper long because we won't have to wait on earlier rounds to complete before starting the later rounds
- 5) Everything works out. Everyone has a good time. Everyone, even people that didn't take part in the tournament, but followed along, gets to reference these events in their threads for neat story opportunities. Rivalries, stories, and other cool things branch off of the events that took place in the matches in this tourney
- You're encouraged to do threads/social media posts/articles prior to/leading into your character's participation in the tournament to build anticipation. You can do threads that take place between rounds. All information about this event is public knowledge in kayfabe/in canon
- Queen of The Ring Tournament Entrants must meet one of the following criteria:1) have world title contender status/have qualified for the LAW Apex event (even if they didn't do/finish the final Apex Match), you can find a full list of these characters here or 2) win a qualifying match in the Qualifiers subforum (you're free to go there and post/play out a match at any time)
- Please be advised that if you have a match from an official LAW Event or PPV from a year ago or more that's still in progress, you may be asked to complete the match before you can enter a character into the tourney
- Please be advised that I'm going to try and cap this tourney off at 8 characters if at all possible. If demand is super high and if the entrants are active users/active in their qualifying matches if applicable, I may consider increasing this cap. But my initial target is 8 entrants
The tentative date for this event is March 18th
As always, if you have any questions or if you would like to request an exception or an amendment for any of the rules I've laid out, please talk to me and let me know. I hope users will find this event engaging, exciting, and fun