Lexy's Lexinomicon: Promoting the Promoter

Ambushes, chats, and events taking place in the backstage area of the LAW arena go here .
winner3
Site Admin

Lexy's Lexinomicon: Promoting the Promoter

Unread post by winner3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm

For some time now, Lexy had been mulling over the concept of an addendum added to her LAW contract. A month or so ago, she had been approached by representatives of upper management. The suits behind the curtains had wanted to add interviewers to their staff to help prompt wrestlers and sell themselves to the fans, as well as hype up match-ups and events! And Lexy Alan, with her cute look and resourcefulness to match, was the perfect woman for the job according to rumors and the Board of Directors alone.

On paper it was an absolute win for Lexy, management, and the fans. Yet week after week Lexy would find herself pulled into meetings with the office folks down at HQ, nearly begging and pleading with her for this shift in career, while Lexy pleased with them to remain a wrestler on the roster of middleweights. And after finally proving that she could win a match, they acknowledged Alan by allowing her to do both whenever she was beckoned. Upon signing the dotted line on her newly updated contract, Lexy was slated for a trail run over her talk show. One she affectionately dubbed "Lexy's Lexinomicon". With a few supplies gifted to her from management and a small stage crew, she put together a meager setup backstage. A wide announcer's table adorned with Lexy's name drawn in large green font sufficed. Save for a couple lamps set up to help with lighting and a mic in Lexy's hands, this trial run of her talk show consisted of her table, chairs, a mic held in hand, and her very first guest! Not many special effects or any security to speak of....

The camera focused on Lexy as she smiled widely and introduced herself.
Lexy AlanShow
"Welcome one and all! As many of you fans might know, I'm Lexy Alan! LAW's baker turned wrestler, and now most recently, turned show host/interviewer/wrestler. And while I wind down this journey of identity crisis that every young adult in their early 20's faces, please join me as I advertise my family's bake shop franchise in the States and indulge the CEO and upper management in interviewing wrestlers in and out of the ring! As we're just now starting this gig, we couldn't expect to nab a highly tenured gal or guy. So instead, were joined today by a promising new recruit!" Lexy would reach out to her side to rest her hand on her guest's shoulder. The cameraman would move back to get her Takeshi, sitting just a couple feet over at Lexy's table, into frame.

"Please welcome our guest, Mister Takeshi Ishikawa! Tell us a little about yourself, Takeshi." Lexy said in s boisterous tone with a smile as she turned to her side and leaned in toward him with microphone in hand, listening intently to what he had to say.
-Winner's Winners/Full Roster

Discord - winner3#6867

TheSuitedOwl
TV-worthy

Re: Lexy's Lexinomicon: Promoting the Promoter

Unread post by TheSuitedOwl » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:16 am

It had been days since Takeshi had originally signed his contract and already he could tell he made the right call. Janice was an honest to god wizard because within the short amount of time she was provided. The resourceful brunette had managed to put together a multifaceted interview tour. That had started with a national radio station, then a prominent music journal, which was quickly followed up with his fanclub's podcast, and would finally concluded with Lexy's show.

So when he came in that day for his interview. It was a bit surprising to see how bare everything was. Nothing to lose one's head over of course, his fanclub's interview was far less professional than this, but that was to be expected. This on the other hand was LAW! So it was a bit jarring to see at first but he quickly learned why and became rather sympathetic soon after.

That he felt a need to do his best and turn up the charm for the sake of everyone else. So after a quick introduction of the crew he would take his seat and wait patiently for his cue from Lexy. Which once he received would prompt the charming singer to lean closer to the mic with his elbow atop of the table and a wide smile on his lips.

"Thank you Lexy for that wonderful introduction. And just like she said am Takeshi Ishikawa former singer of Seven's Divinity, lover of cinnamon rolls, and LAW's newly appointed crowd pleaser." Takeshi would finish before he gave a quick wink to the camera and an encouraging smile to his host.
Takeshi IshikawaShow
Last edited by TheSuitedOwl on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:00 am

Between the events, getting signed, and this very show, Takeshi was indeed a busy man. There was a certain charm to him. Something about his look and the way he carried himself made it feel like he belonged on television. The fangirl reaction to him simply winking at the audience and introducing himself certainly spoke to this. Even Lexy, herself, giggled and blushed slightly. She covered her lips with her index and middle fingers to stifle her swoon before pulling her mic back to keep things rolling. The titantron continued displaying the broadcast live to the fans in the arena tonight.

"Haha indeed you are! It seems that your reputation precedes you, Takeshi! And I'm sure fans have been welling with anticipation of what your signing with LAW means for career path! What would you say we can expect from you as a crowd pleaser and a wrestler now that you're suddenly just here in the big leagues on the pro-wrestling circuit?"

Although Lexy tried to stay on topic, she couldn't help mentally noting Ishikawa's love of cinnamon rolls. As a baked, herself, she'd make sure to make him some at some point. For no other reason than simply to have the chance to see him again.

Discord - winner3#6867

TheSuitedOwl
TV-worthy

Unread post by TheSuitedOwl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Getting a quick read of the room, Takeshi could tell he had nailed his introduction pretty well. Especially when he noticed Lexy's slight blush before she would ask her next question. Listening attentively he would wait until she would finish and then answer with the same level of enthusiasm he had the first.

"Well besides the occasional match. Expect to see me in whole lot of events from charity to live show performances and of course your annual round of new music releases from yours truely. Though I won't bore you with the exact details. Be sure to check out Minami's podcast The Seventh Sanctuary. I had a blast with her and got the chance to go over the specifics there." Takeshi finished having a bit fun knowing he just gave one of his biggest fans a heart attack.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:38 am

Takeshi too to the spotlight quite well, answering with the same level of charm and enthusiasm that he had previously. Stagehands would wave gestures of approval as the ratings continued climbing while things progress. And a successful interview demanded further probing. Lexy would dig deeper into Takeshi's reply in the hopes of having him expound and share even more with the already attentive fans. The starry-eyed girl would comment with a tone of interest, noting Ishikawa's specific use of his platform at LAW as a wrestler before diving into the next question

"Oh! How interesting! From the sound of things, it would seem that you intend to use your wrestling contract to further push your primary career as a J-popstar! Certainly unprecedented! I'm sure the number of followers on your Instagram and Twitter accounts have already seen a nice boost courtesy of pro wrestling fans." Lexy mused before thing things together and getting to the question.

The green-haired girl lean in and held her mic towards her guest again before asking: "How do you see this venture working out, ideally? Do you see yourself sticking it out at LAW long term?"

Discord - winner3#6867

TheSuitedOwl
TV-worthy

Unread post by TheSuitedOwl » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Keeping his smile Takeshi listened as Lexy put together his intentions with LAW. Something he didn't really want to get into, mostly cause he was worried how wrestling fans would react to it, but it wasn't like he was hiding it either. So in the same cool and enthusiastic manner he would answer her question. "Am amazed you picked up on that but your absolutely right. I don't really see myself as a wrestler. LAW is more or less a shortcut for my singing career. Now what what does mean for our fans? Not a thing, theres currently no plans in the works to change anything for the foreseeable future. So they shouldn't worry. They'll get plenty of material of me in the ring." Takeshi finished smiling at the camera as if he was in on a personal secret shared only between him and his fans.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Lexy looked on attentively as Takeshi answered. She was impressed by the level of composure and enthusiasm the young man answered with. Everyone was. As something of an offical journalist and interviewer for the wrestling company, Lexy had taken it upon herself to ask at least a couple of hard-hitting questions of each guest that she managed to get to appear on her show. And even if his answer wasn't exactly what diehard fans of the art of pro wrestling wanted to hear, Takeshi neither deflected nor danced aroind it. He had certainly shown off charisma becoming of a male idol lol himself. Lexy paused very briefly making a surprised "o" face with her lips before nodding.

"Oh! Our charmer here always knows just what to say! Very impressive! Alright, let's move on to questions about fashion! I'm told we're getting lots of questions about your choice of cologne, as well as your morning routine." Lexy said as she adjusted her earpiece. She listened in for lines fed to her from management. These segments couldn't exist without folks handpicking questions from fans on social media. But as Lexy nodded and opened her mouth to speak the next question, she found herself cut off by the sound of someone talking overhear in a brooding, overbearing tone.

"So Takeshi, what scent are you currently-"

"What'd that punk say?!" The camera panned out to reveal a tall, blue-clad figure standing over Lexy, just behind her. With both Lexy and Takeshi sitting down, only her chest was visible at first. The camera slowly panned out further to reveal Sandy White, a notorious, sadistic bully among the ranks LAW's heavyweight division.
Sandy WhiteShow
"E-excuse me. M-ma'am...Miss Sandy White... you."

"Shhhh, doll-face. I'm not here you right now." Sandy dismissed Lexy by putting a finger over the smaller girl's lips. Sandy would crouch down at the interview table. The towering, imposing heavyweight woman situated herself between Lexy and Ishikawa. She turned her head to Takeshi and looked him up and down. She'd tilt her head and raise an eyebrow, giving a mixed impression of both looking what she saw in him but disliking what he said.

"Pretty boy, you're here at a wrestling company. Among tried and true athletes, the best of the best. People who bleed, sweat, and cry in that ring for sport, for culture. And you're here....to do this....to get more fans - to get more star power....so that you can be an even bigger idol....? That right?"

Sandy would ask as she stood up tall. She rested a palm at the table and leaned against it as she looked down at a seated Takeshi. Sandy raised both her eyebrows, seemingly very expectantly waiting for the boy's answer.

Discord - winner3#6867

TheSuitedOwl
TV-worthy

Unread post by TheSuitedOwl » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Taking another reading of the room it seemed Takeshi's answer was satisfying enough for Lexy and her crew to move on. Though personally he suspected that he might have to touch on it again at a later date. Or so he thought because not long after, before Lexy could ask her next question. Sandy White would scream at them from behind.

Takeshi not knowing anything about her other than she was a wrestler because of her blue singlet. Left him blissfully ignorant of the extent of the danger that Sandy imposed. Not to say the young Idol wasn't particular troubled about her presence. In fact, just the manner she had materialized and how she silenced Lexy left the young Idol concerned.

However, he would be hard-pressed to say that he was intimidated. Sure she was angery but he was confident that he could disffuse the situation. Even when Sandy choose to impose her large towering figure over him and ask her question.

"Well...", Takeshi started looking straight into Sandy's eyes, "essentially yeah but, listen. Am not the only one benefitting from this. Corporate, the fans, and the rest of you guys are winning out from this as well. Its a mutual agreement by all accounts but if you still have any reservations I'd be happy to talk about it with you over some coffee. What do you say?" Takeshi finished with a disarming smile. As he gently rested his hand against Sandy's shoulder.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:35 am

Despite not quite having his head wrapped around the levels of danger that he could find himself in with this woman, Takeshi answered her boldly. While he calmly and confidently answered Sandy's prompt, Lexy motioned to him by shaking her head, trying to steer him away from his honest answer. Indeed he was right. Takeshi's relationship with LAW was mutual. It was best for business. And it was exactly what Sandy expected - the furthest thing from what she felt a competitor in her promotion ought to be like.

"Hehehehe..." White chuckled as Ishikawa's hand rested upon her bare shoulder. She smiled unexpectedly as she composed herself and looked down to make where contact with the boy.

She'd bring a hand to Takeshi's face, cupping his chin with her index finger and thumb. Sandy would begin turning Takeshi's head slightly. She got a good look at his face. The Giantess tried to get a read on him while contemplating aloud about this idol singer's many redeeming qualities.

"Ohhh, boy. You know, actually. You're not that bad. You're quite cute, and as much as I hate to admit it, quite talented to be doing this well for yourself. A promising career, stardom and all that jazz. If you had even a shred of talent for the wrestling ring, I think I actually would pursue something serious with you. It's a shame I don't date wallflowers. I will take you up on that coffee, though......." Sandy finished her little tirade while bringing her free hand up to Takeshi's cheek, drawing closer slowly and attentively while maintaining eye contact, as if she were preparing to caress him.

"But it'll be at my place. And I'll be having it while sitting on your face." With that last sentence, White got down to business. She moved her free hand quickly and abruptly bringing it to the side of the boy's head to grab a handful of good brown hair! In a quick motion, Sandy tried to bounce his head off Lexy's interview table, completely twisting the landscape and terms of this interview from exposition on a new star, to a sudden ambush! Sandy aimed to make an example of Takeshi! And she sought to do that by destroying him live in front of his core fanbase on his very first appearance on LAW's television program!

Discord - winner3#6867

TheSuitedOwl
TV-worthy

Unread post by TheSuitedOwl » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Too wrapped up dealing with Sandy, Takeshi would ended up missing the many warnings Lexy attempted to convey to him and figured, rather foolishly. That he could convince this woman to see it his way. After all wrestling was just like any other business and even if she was here just for the sport of it. She could understand that without the company succeeding she wouldn't be able to wrestle at her leisure and even she couldn't. Then he was certain he could convince, maybe even befriend, her over a cup of coffee and a long chat.

Surprisingly enough the charming singer wouldn't get a straight answer from the heavyweight. Which he thought was a bit strange considering how abrasive she was so far. Nonetheless he would continue to wait until Sandy would finish her tirade and stopped looking him over. Which for a brief moment would cause him to flash an annoyed look before he would wipe it away and return back to a neutral face. Seeing that he was trying to get on the woman's good-side.

"I'm flattered to hear that." Takeshi answered smoothly hearing some of the compliments Sandy would give him. Though he would quickly get a bit more flushed as Sandy drew him closer. "Hehe. So, huh... what are up to Mrs. White?" The singer wondered out loud thinking he might have to pull away if she tried anything funny. Unfortunately he wouldn't quite catch on until it was too late. When she said the last of her comments.

"Under yo- Wh!- Arggh!" He attempted to mutter a bit confused. Before he would feel the harsh grasp of Sandy pulling at his perfect set of hair, that he had spent atleast an hour styling, and had his skull painfully bounce off the hard surface of the wooden table.

Badly stunned the young idol would end up on the floor laying on his back. As a low groan would escape his alluring lips. "... Wh-what are you doing?" He questioned as he tried to get up but had only managed to get on his hands and knees before Sandy would act again.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Backstage”