The Good, the Bad and the Opportunistic

Spars, workouts, and other such gym rp's go here. There are many different LAW gyms stationed throughout Japan.
Ironsoldier
Knows The Ropes

The Good, the Bad and the Opportunistic

Unread post by Ironsoldier »

Videle Diavola was bad mood.

Particularly bad, in fact, the usually upbeat young woman was almost on edge as she beat the stuffing out of a heavy bag in the middle of the LAW gym. The bag, almost as tall as she was, shuddered and bounced as she laid into it with punch after devastating punch. It was probably just simple frustration that plagued her. When she'd decided to take up her sister's mantle and dream to be a great pro wrestler, she never expected an easy journey, but she'd hoped to accomplish more by now.

Suffice it to say, Videle was searching for outlets for the emotional maelstrom she struggled with... and she was in no mood to look up and catch Rosie Soto walking into the gym.

Although they'd never actually met face to face, Videle was the sort who scouted the competitors in her own division. As such, she'd seen just enough Soto matches to decide that she was basically a cancer among lightweights. Rosie had shown herself to be a sneaky, vicious little brat who didn't care how she won, only that she did. Essentially, she was every negative thing Videle had come to hate about the wrestling business rolled up into one arrogant little package. She sighed, wondering if her bad mood was just making her see things in an overly negative light. Making a snap decision, she wiped the sweat from her brow with a towel and made her way over to Rosie.

Fact was, all Videle had on Rosie were second and third hand accounts of bad behavior. She'd never actually met or talked to the girl. Who knows? Maybe she had some redeeming qualities. And if nothing else, a spar would be more productive then hitting the heavy bag for an hour.

"Hey! Rosie Soto, right? I'm Videle." She offered a smile, "Just wondering, would you care for a spar? I usually don't catch any other lightweights around at this hour and there's no better way to train. What do you say?"

winner3
Site Admin

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Opportunistic

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie had been slowly trying to make a name for herself at LAW. Her matches thus far had entailed of some of the tricks that many who had studied her would have expected. Cutting corners on the road to success was to be expected of her. And she felt no shame in implementing these means to her ends. Little Miss Soto's attitude towards her matches, and really life in general was nothing if not Machiavellian. And as long as she had something to show for it, Rosie wouldn't show any signs of changing these views anytime soon.

The young lady had walked into the gym with a chipper attitude. Despite being dominated during much of her debut match at LAW, she had still managed to pull off an upset victory against a woman a weight class above her. With a smile on her face, she walked into the training facility ready to continue honing her skills. After all, any amount of cheating ultimately prove to be fruitless if one was lacking in terms of skill. Even Rosie had to acknowledge that. With a smile on her face and her signature red leotard hugging her small, tight frame, the twin tailed lightweight emerged form the locker room changed and ready to put time in towards her weekly training regiment. But her advance towards the equipment would be halted by the voice of a similarly sized Romanian brawler.

Rosie returned Videle's smile with one of her own before eyeing the woman up and down for a moment. "Videle, it's nice to meet you. You must also be a wrestler here at LAW." Rosie made that observation aloud, based on the fact that LAW gyms were used mostly by LAW staff. ....I'll take you up on that spar but first, I'm curious. How did you hear about me? And would you be willing to tell me more about yourself?"

Rosie was a calculating woman more often than naught. If Videle was a fellow member of the lightweight division, Rosie needed to know more about her. The likelihood of the two eventually meeting each other in the right at some point was too high for her not to take this chance to garner info on her.
-Winner's Winners/Full Roster

Discord - winner3#6867

Ironsoldier
Knows The Ropes

Videle relaxed slightly, actually feeling a little bad about the harshness of her feelings towards a girl she hadn't actually met in person. Sure, Rosie might be a little overzealous, even ruthless, in the ring, but maybe she wasn't nearly as bad as she'd been led to believe?

"Yeah, that's right, I am. I've seen some of your matches, both here and other promotions. I'm newer to the business, at least the bigger promotions, so I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't seen my work. I-..." She trailed off, unable to shake the sudden suspicion that Rosie was just pumping her for information. "..I think anything else worth knowing can be learned in the ring, don't you?" She hesitated a moment, then added, "And lets keep it a clean spar, ok? No offense, but some of thing things you've pulled in the ring are a little... questionable."

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie had already begun stepping towards a nearby practice ring when Videle started to trail off. Despite her probing, she still did what she could to act natural. The red clad woman continued to smile and converse, agreeing with her new acquaintance that throwing down would be the best way to be productive.

"Yeah let's get to it!" She said with a raised arm before suddenly stumbling and turning her body to face Videle's. Obviously her would-be sparring partner was keen to the sorts of foul play Rosie would often resort to when it came time to perform in wrestling arenas...or anywhere else. Of course, Rosie wouldn't come clean about that immediately. She relied on whatever semblance of a decent image she had left in order to get herself ahead and resort to those tactics to secure her victories if need be.

Rosie would place a hand on her chest and let out a deep gasp while wearing a shocked expression on her face. "Me?! Questionable!
Ma'am, I realize that we've only just met, but I assure you that I wouldn't do anything underhanded to you in the ring. I have a wrestling family back home in Canada! Their promotion taught me good and well to earn my keep in the ring! And I've only had ONE match so far in LAW, and it was only fairly recently. I'm not even sure if the recording is available yet. But I definitely earned that win! And against a woman a weight class above me, no less!"

Rosie would than look away from Videle. Her eyes would sink to the gym floor and her demeanor would change to one of a dejected, yet cute petite girl. "I feel like you have me confused with someone else, but if you'd rather not spar because you think I'm a cheat or anything like that...I understand."

Rosie did what she could to try and appeal emotionally to Videle. After all, if this shtick grew old and people began to suspect her even before her matches began, she'd need a whole new game plan. Why change something that was already working flawlessly?

Discord - winner3#6867

Ironsoldier
Knows The Ropes

If nothing else, Rosie Soto was a convincing actress, so much so that Videle was beginning to question her formerly harsh assessment of the fellow lightweight. She was actually starting to feel bad about the accusation. Videle had approached the girl, intent on confronting a troublemaker, and somehow everything had been turned on its head! Any random by passers would think that *she* was the bully, not Rosie. Videle opened her mouth to apologize... and then it hit her.

"You're laying the sad little girl routine on a little thick. I *almost* bought it."
Videle glared, putting her hands on her hips. "Maybe my judgment was harsh, but that cute, helpless act is waaay over the top. The girl you're pretending to be right now couldn't beat a middle weight. Let's hit the practice ring. I bet that's when the real you comes out, whatever that is. I-"

Videle trailed off, her blue eyes going wide with alarm, looking over Rosie's head and towards the door. She tenses visibly, clearly torn between backing away and not wanting to seem afraid. The source of her anxiety was soon apparent as a shadow passed over them both and a voice, familiar to Rosie at least, sounded from behind.

"Little one..." A low, contralto voice and Russian accent made the word sound more like 'leetle'. "We keep running into each other..."

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie smiled as she continued her display. She fully expected Videle to change her tune and give her the sympathy that she just tried to emotionally appeal for so convincingly. But that smile would soon turn into a harsh frown. A frown that conveyed disgust after Videle finished her words and continued to demand a spar.

Rosie was ready to speak with confidence. Videle's trailing off, her visible tensing. For a moment Soto truly believe that she had easily intimidated the girl. And rightfully so, if she was to secure a hold on the lightweight division, it would mean putting all the lightweights on notice. These thoughts of Rosie's would soon be interrupted by the sound of a familiar, stern voice. As soon as Zarya finished commenting, Rosie's looked down to notice the shadow cast over her. Her face turned pale as she turned around to confirm her suspicions. It was the Iron Soldier. A woman she had met once and only once back at another promotion. A woman she tried to sucker into a spar for a quick and cheap win. A woman that dwarfed her in size, power, and in-ring ability. A woman that easily dominated her to the point of making her regret their previous encounter.

"Z-Z-Z-Z-Zarya...Um, how-how nice of you to drop by!" Rosie commented in a scared tone as she took a step back. Her eyes widened as she panicked to find a way out of the gym. She paused for a second to let her mind continue racing before choosing her next words carefully.

"Have you met my good friend, Videle?! She's a huge fan!." She said, racing to Videle's side and placing a hand over her back and shoulders in an attempt to get the two to converse so that she could plan her escape.

Discord - winner3#6867

Ironsoldier
Knows The Ropes

"Fan!? I'm no fan of hers!" Was Videle's shocked reply. She didn't know much a bite the towering woman before them, but everything she *did* remember about the Iron Soldier was bad... really bad. Like, end your career for the fun of it, bad.

"Is that so...? I'm hurt." Zarya said, in the world's most insincere voice. "Calm down you two. I'm just here to train, like everyone else. Besides... Rosie and I are old friends. Remember that last match we had? I believe you offered me anything, if I stopped hurting you. Anything."

"H-hey, if you're not here to cause trouble then... then just back off! I'm sure we could hold you off long enough for someone to call security if you try anything. You can't just go around bullying people!" Videle said, clearly expecting Rosie to back her up.

The Iron Soldier merely rolled her eyes at the declaration. "New friend of yours, Rosie? Doesn't seem like your type." Zarya added, with the knowing grin of someone who knew well Soto's true nature and wasn't fooled in the least by the nice girl routine.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie shuddered when Zarya addressed her. Indeed the Iron Soldier was right. For a woman that prided herself on her ability to strategize, manipulate, and get the upperhand when dealing with most anyone, Rosie had to acknowledge that the single biggest mistake and folly of her career to date was thinking she could dispatch Zarya Volkov alone. Even thinking that to that day was painful in its own regard.

When Zarya reminded Soto that she agree to do literally anything Zarya wanted in exchange for mercy, Rosie's face went pale for a moment. She looked down for a couple seconds before deciding to drop the act.

"Ok, you got me." Rosie would say to Zarya before breathing in deeply and letting out a sigh. "This is Videle.
I had planned on suckering her into a spar so I could learn a little bit about the competition around here at LAW. I had full intentions of dispatching her, even leaving her unable to compete for while if I could. The same way I tried to do with not too long ago, Miss Iron Soldier..."

She realized that coming clean would likely get an immediately response out of Videle. Rosie would attempt to appeal to Zarya and assert that she knew her place in order to avoid the possibility of incurring any wrath or trouble from the brutish heavyweight heel.

"I'd never so much as ever think trying that with you again. You put me in my place last time. I accept that. I will continue to do anything and everything you ask of me, Miss Volkov." Rosie would finish by bowing her head in subservience to Zarya.

Discord - winner3#6867

Ironsoldier
Knows The Ropes

"What?" The flatness of Videle's voice was almost comical as Rosie finally disclosed the truth. Such honesty was probably a rare occurrence from Miss Soto, but it was the revelation that she'd been planning to play Videle for a sucker from the very beginning that stunned the Romanian girl. "WHAT? Are you kidding me?" And after she was starting to feel sorry for judging Rosie harshly at first, when it was all said and done that little con artist was as bad as Videle thought!

"You were gonna learn what you could, then put me on the injured list?! What kind of cold hearted psycho comes up with something like that!?" Videle was incensed, her hands balled into fists! "But you're in luck. I still wanna spar and we'll see who ends up in the emergency room you conniving-"

"Hold on." Zarya spoke, her tone calm, but somehow that was when her rich, contralto voice was at its most commanding. Her gaze shifted between them before settling on Rosie. "I should let her beat you to a pulp... Just so you know I can't be coaxed or manipulated into fighting your battles. Not unless I want to get involved." The Russian let that threat hang in the air, like an executioners axe over the neck of the condemned. "Settle your little grudge later. Rosie and I need to talk." To her surprise, Zarya had directed the words at Videle.

"Didn't she try to jump you too? Now you're gonna defend her!?" Videle simply shook her head. "Shouldn't be surprised. People like you two tend to stick together in the end. You're both rotten."

"You can still end up on that disabled list, little one." Zarya smirked, and Videle, for all her fire and righteous indignation, felt more then a little afraid. She felt confident against Rosie, who was in her weight class, but didn't like her chances against the Iron Soldier. Against both of them? It was career suicide. Shooting an angry look at Rosie, Videle stalked off. This was *not*over between them.

Zarya watched her leave, a low chuckle escaping her throat. "You made a new friend, Soto. A few more little friends like that, and you better find someone to watch your back."
Last edited by Ironsoldier on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Having been forced into a corner, Rosie did indeed disclose the truth. Underneath her cute exterior, she was a cold and calculating woman. And as such, she could tell when she was hard pressed for viable options. When forced to choose between coming clean and reliving her previous encounter with Zarya Volkov...she chose self preservation.

Videle, of course. wasn't so receptive or empathetic upon learning Rosie's true intentions. The Romanian girl had half a mind to do to Rosie what Rosie had planned to do to her. She was entirely justified in doing so, but whether or not it would actually happen would fall on Zarya. Being the bigger and more physically capable or two, she could have easily staved off or done irreparable harm to either. And any chance of Rosie and Videle working together against Volkov was infinitesimal at best....

Luckily, Zarya saw it fit to brush off Videle with threats that all 3 women in the gym knew she could make good on. With a few persuasive sentences, Diavola was coaxed into making her leave. This left the conniving lightweight and the sadistic Iron Soldier alone together, and to Rosie's surprise, it was for a reason. Volkov wanted to talk, but about what exactly?

"Is...is that an offer Miss Volkov?"? Soto asked with a shaken, high pitched tone.

Discord - winner3#6867

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “The Gym”