GASTER vs Rosie Soto

Official Women's Wrestling matches take place here. There are multiple LAW Arenas throughout Japan, each offering different shows/rings
Vcom7418
Mwahahahaha

GASTER vs Rosie Soto

Unread post by Vcom7418 »

With GASTER's quest to get more wins to her record continuing...she found herself facing quite an interesting opponent. She knew of Rosie Soto when she worked at AFW...but didn't particularly hear many things about her, either good or bad...

More importantly to her was their first encounter in LAW, during the prelude to the eventual Lightweight War. At the time, the girl angered her, quite a fair bit...

...but, during the match itself, she actually managed to scare her. Not in a way a lot of brutal, hardcore based Middleweights or Heavyweights scared her...but in the way of her gaze. It felt slightly heartless, too analytical, constantly trying to predict what's going to happen next, like a cold blooded chessmaster...

She would know, whether Rosie was truly like this...and if she was, whether she could adapt to Rosie on the fly, as she herself would try to analyze the Shadow Lord.

The dark fog among the purple lighting would descend in the arena, as slightly creepy, but also whimsical theme of GASTER would arrive to the speakers, as the figure in the yellow hoodie would walk down the entrance ramp, doing her signature laugh, before making her way down to the ring...

Along the way, she stopped twice, to do her signature laugh to people's faces...and on her second notice a gal in the crowd's front row, wearing her shirt! Only recently did LAW released the Shadow Lord's shirt, with her signature mask printed across the shirts front, and this was the first time she noticed someone wearing her own T!

She had to do all she could to stop herself from breaking character, and walking to the cute girl in her shirt, to thank her...and possibly give her a peck on her cheek...but she held off, needing her head to be in this match, as she would roll into the ring, to do her laugh in the middle of it, requesting the mic afterwards. After all, this wasn't an entrance without finishing it with a promo!

"Mwahahaha! My opponent today is the one I previously fought against, in a Great War of Chaos and Order...and this one had my eye in particular for the entirety of it...needless to say, I was looking forward to face her, in this particular realm and timeframe! But, just like others before her, she will fall down before my amazing might!", she declared, before taking her place at her corner, and leaving her hoodie on top of it, revealing her yellow sports bra, and black leggings, as she awaited Rosie to enter the ring.
Last edited by Vcom7418 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winner3
Site Admin

Re: GASTER vs Rosie Soto

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie wasn't one to indulge in the more flamboyant or showy aspects of pro wrestling. As perceptive as the conniving lightweight was, she'd have one goal in mind in all her appearances: victory. In her two meetings with GASTER in both The Lightweight War itself and the promo that came before it, Soto had taken time to cast judgement upon each and every woman involved. And out of all them, the one she considered to be the most perceptive, the one she considered to be the most immediate threat to her facade as a friendly face, was the petite, masked Shadowlord, herself.

"Beating her should prove to be more satisfying than besting the others..." Rosie thought to herself as she smiled and pushed through the curtain to make her entrance.

Some of the fog from GASTER's entrance would still be visible, but the twin tailed girl paid it no heed. She'd wave to the audience and force a smile before skipping her way down to the ring. Clad in her typical red once piece and nothing else, Rosie Soto would slide into the ring before curring her own short promo as a rebuttal to GASTER's own.

"Tonight I take on GASTER, ladies and gents! Indeed the war was hard fought, but I had a few worthwhile takeaways from it. Of all my opponents on the other side of the ring, this masked...character was by far the most perceptive and the most intelligent. I specifically asked management to let me take her own because I believe beating her in a fair one on one will be put in good standing for Lightweight Gold!" Rosie would walk towards the center of the ring and extend her hand towards the Shadow Lord for a pre-match handshake.

"So whaddya say, GASTER? Why don't we drop the silly shadow demon gimmick and show these people our best!" The red clad girl would smile slyly after finishing her sentence. She was happy to make efforts to compromise Clara's
Last edited by winner3 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Winner's Winners/Full Roster

Discord - winner3#6867

Vcom7418
Mwahahahaha

As Rosie was coming out, nothing about the red clad lightweight gave anything off about what Clara was assuming about her. She politely waved to the crowd as she came out to her theme song, not a hint of coldness the Brit saw in her during the fated encounter a few months ago...perhaps there was a chance she was mistaken about the girl's character?

As her soon-to-be opponent entered the ring, and took a microphone, to rebutt the Shadow Lord's promo, GASTER expected the rebuttal to be something along the lines of: "Prepare to get your butt kicked", which was what her opponents (be they fellow chuunis, or simple, competitive gals) said...

...it came as a surprise when Rosie actually showered the Brit with flattery, the girl's cheeks turning a tint of red under her mask. She must've been mistaken on that day. She tended to overthink stuff, especially in an environment with 10 other competitors, this was bound to happen. Surely, Rosie wasn't the heartless chessmaster she believed she was...right?

That said, when Rosie offered her her hand for a shake, calling on her to drop the Shadow Lord act, the raven haired chuuni would take a moment as she approached the girl...

...before lightly brushing off her foe's arm away!

"Heh...you are mistaken, mortal. I always show my amazing powers to the masses of this universe every time I do battle. I do not know this: "gimmick" you speak off...perhaps it's a potential energy source to boost my powers even further in this dimension?"

"Nevertheless...you best not disappoint me yourself in our encounter..."
, she would finish her explanation. While too wordy, she hoped that she brought the point to Rosie across: that she will not only do her best to beat the twin tailed girl, but she won't drop her gimmick as requested, as she took her place at the corner, referee awaiting confirmation from Rosie to ring the bell...

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie had considered that getting GASTER to break character wouldn't be a simple task. The hint of familiarity the two had from their multi-woman match probably wasn't a strong enough basis for trust. Still, Rosie was the type of woman that would try to seize every perceivable advantage she could pick at. She didn't know Clara personally, but she certainly knew of GASTER's budding career at LAW and the fact that she always wrestled as a Shadow Lord. After being brushed off by the masked lightweight, Rosie would step forward and attempt to press the woman under the guise that her character being compromised would throw her off her game.

"Oh? So you mean that if I were to check the sides of the entrance ramp, I wouldn't find fog machines?" Rosie would say in a flat tone while bearing a calculating, apathetic facial expression that was more becoming of her true nature. The barefoot girl would reach for GASTER's arm as her opponent began walking towards her corner. She'd tug on it to get her foe to turn around and face her so she could continue trying to escalate this confrontation, before the bell had rung.

"Or that you signed "GASTER" on your LAW contract or other legal paperwork?" Rosie would step even closer while still trying to keep a grasp on the yellow clad girl's bare arm. She'd get almost nose to nose with her before asking one last rhetocial question and reaching for GASTER's mask in a brazen attempt to pull it off!

"Or that beneath this stupid mask is the face of a regular girl, lost within the inner machinations of her own MIND?!"

Discord - winner3#6867

Vcom7418
Mwahahahaha

GASTER didn't know particularly why Rosie wanted to break her character. She could've done so...but after wrestling quite a while in front of crowds while in character, the chuuni felt that that unmasking now would really get her off her game. Besides, her merchandise was in development, and unmasking now would ruin quite a bit of her mystique, and possibly damage the sales!

As such, she chose to lightly brush off the red-clad lightweight, and get back to her corner to start the match proper...

...only to discover that Rosie grabbed hold of her arm!

"H-hey! H-hands of---?"

And as was forced GASTER to turn to face her opponent, there it finally was. Cold, calculating gaze befitting of a chess-player or a business person, rather than one of a competitor looking to best their foe by normal means, running a chill down her spine

She started asking the Shadow Lords question, answering which would break her character. Of course there were fog machines (in addition to buckets with dry ice behind the curtain), of course she signed her full name on all the paperwork, adding a specific request to use her character, which was easily granted by the higher ups...

...but the last question, Rosie likely wouldn't expect the answer to. Whilst she was in her own little world when playing the Shadow Lord, Clara Gaster was still a skilled wrestler when she put her mask on, liking to imagine the fight in question as an epic battle...with her as a participant.

As Rosie pulled her towards her to ask that, Clara's gaze finally turned from one of confusion and fear, into one of the competitive fighter she always was in the ring, in-character or not. And as Rosie tried to reach her mask with her free hand, the Brit would be prepared to answer bluntly:

"I said, hands...OFF!", as she would catch Rosie's arm as it reached for her mask, before jumping to snake her legs around the barefoot girl's reaching arm, hoping that the sudden force of the Shadow Lord's body would take the red-clad lightweight off her feet...and force her other hand free!

If successful, GASTER was prepared to teach Rosie the consequences of messing with her, by attempting to lock in a Cross Armbar!

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

For Rosie, any chance to force GASTER or any opponent out of their element and throw them off their game was a chance she was willing to take. Merch sales, relationships, family, it didn't matter to Rosie. For the lightweight Canadian, there were few lines that would remain uncrossed. She seized that arm and lunged forward in an attempt to rip the mask from the Shadow Lord's face with an uncaring attitude and rhetoric that dismissed GASTER's entire alter ego outright. Bell or no bell, Soto came at GASTER. And when she did, the inter-dimensional traveler countered with firm protests and a Rolling Armbar!

Rosie couldn't see GASTER's face under the mask. But Clara's tone and body language, despite taking initiative and catching her with the Armbar, communicated a sense of urgency and worry that clued Rosie in on the fact that she had zeroed in on a possible weakness. Though that knowledge certainly came at a cost. The audience roared as GASTER locked in her hold! Rosie roared out in pain and protest before raising her arm and calling for the official.

"Agh! Referee! The bell wasn't rung! She's attacking me before the match!" Rosie exclaimed in a high pitched, hurt tone, blatantly overselling GASTER's act of self defense. The official would try and separate the two of them. And if she was successful in doing so, Rosie would roll to her corner while cradling her afflicted arm. She'd look at GASTER with a sad and hurt expression before glancing at the ref and stating: "I...I don't know if I can compete! She hurt my arm!"

As the barefoot wrestler persisted with her theatrics, fans would jeer the possibility of being denied the GASTER/Rosie match up tonight. Somehow, there were some that still weren't privy to Rosie's ways. Of course, she knew full well that GASTER would likely catch on. And when approached by the Shadow Lord, Rosie would back into her corner and put her 'good' arm out before once again calling for the official. "Ref! We still didn't start! She's coming before the bell!"

Discord - winner3#6867

Vcom7418
Mwahahahaha

It was a couple of times now, in her life, that people have attempted to take off her mask. Either due to general curiosity over the Brit's appearance, simply to annoy her...or, like now, to throw her off her game, Clara realized that while her mask was her biggest strength when wrestling, it was also her biggest weakness...and to take it off would be to practically strip her off the combat armor that was the Shadow Lord character.

As such, when sparring with random people, or LAW trainees, in gyms, she would ask them to help her with this exercise, developing a counter for the next unlucky soul attempting to take off her mask...

...and it just so happened to be Rosie was the unlucky victim to fall into that...

The armbar wasn't too tight that it would actually hurt Rosie too much. The crowd certainly didn't mind the Shadow Lord attacking the Canadian lightweight ahead of time for her actions...

...but both Rosie and the ref certainly were. Upon her loud complaint, the ref would approach GASTER: "Alright, no funny business, let her go"

With an audible: "Hmph...", and pouted cheeks under her mask, the Shadow Lord obliged, allowing the ref to take her back to her corner, while Rosie would complain that the raven-haired lightweight might've injured her arm.

Clara was slightly concerned. Even if she made sure to not fully lock in the move, could she have actually accidentally hurt her opponent's arm?

Trying to step out of her corner towards Rosie to make sure everything was alright while ref went to check on Rosie's well being, the Canadian would suddenly call out GASTER once more! Ref would step back towards the Shadow Lord, blocking her way towards her opponent:

"I haven't rung for the bell. Back to your corner. Now."

Gulping in fear over the official getting mad at her, she would turn her back at Rosie, to go right back to her corner...

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie hadn't considered herself unlucky at all. If anything, the chance to paint GASTER as the aggressor in any vein or fashion was something the petite Canadian was willing to milk for all it was worth. Several lightweights had made disparaging remarks on Rosie's character. In no time at all, the fans might have begun to catch on. But not anymore. A distraction like this immediately drew attention away from her earlier attempt at taking GASTER's mask. The fact that the yellow clad wrestler might of hurt her in a pre-match assault was just an added benefit in Rosie's book.

Of course, Rosie continued to sell it, but she was totally fine. After seeing GASTER get reprimanded, Soto approached the center of the ring while holding her limp arm with one hand. She'd keep it at her side and nod to the official and to her opponent before stating aloud "These fans came here for a match! I won't let GASTER take that away from them!" With puffed cheeks and a cute frown, Rosie would persevere through this facade! For the moment the masked woman approach and the bell rang, she'd raise her "bad" arm with abrupt speed and throw an uppercut GASTER's way in an attempt to floor her, not so subtly revealing that she was never in any real pain at all, despite the Armbar!

If her blow connected, Soto would pounce on the Shadow Lord and roll her onto her back! She'd follow up by trying to place the girl in a simple Chinlock to keep her down and under control. "You know, I only gave myself about a 60 percent chance of that actually working. Perhaps you're not as smart as I thought?" Rosie would say in a dry, apathetic tone.

Discord - winner3#6867

Vcom7418
Mwahahahaha

As GASTER safely returned to her corner, she was hearing a good amount of jeers from the crowd, some people looking at her with disappointment...

She was fine if she was getting booed for doing something as the Shadow Lord...but getting booed as herself made the Brit feel bad, even if she knew she didn't do anything wrong...Rosie definitely had a way of manipulating people, the chuuni understood, and she just fell victim to her own theatrics...

Whether she hurt her foe's arm or not, Rosie nodded to the ref that she was ready to start the match, even if GASTER wanted to take it away from the fans. The jeers and disappointed looks from the crowd towards the Shadow Lord increased by a good amount, even if it was still drowned by the cheers at the match still going going ahead.

DING DING DING!

"Alright...can't let her get to me again...let's do th-------AAAAAAH!"

Still somewhat lost within the jeers from the crowd, GASTER saw Rosie running like her like a speeding bullet, right as she launched her "hurt" arm under her jaw for an Uppercut!

GASTER went down easily from the surprise attack, easily allowing Rosie to follow up on it, getting the Shadow Lord to a sit, and snapping both arms around her into a chinlock to put some hurt on her neck, taunting her in a cold, emotionless tone in comparison to her cheery attitude just less than a few seconds ago.

Rosie's tone struck a chord with Clara. She faced plenty of people like Rosie in the past, and almost always came up short. She wouldn't get a bully and a manipulator like her get her way today.

Grunting, she would attempt to get back to her feet, fighting through the pain of Rosie's hold. And, if successful, she would attempt to lower herself slightly, to get her center of gravity below Rosie's, before attempting to flip the red-clad lightweight onto a sit in front of her!

Lastly, if she got through that, she would snake her arms around Rosie's head, attempting to put the girl into a tight headlock!

"Come again?", she would ask her if she pulled off her counter successfully...

winner3
Site Admin

Unread post by winner3 »

Rosie's plan had gone off without a hitch! Despite only coming up with it just now, she was able to catch GASTER off guard and floor her with a hard strike! Upon seizing control, Soto arrogantly boasted. She had assumed that she'd be able to ride this momentum for a while and control the onset of this match. And GASTER's resiliency would see to it that Soto assumed wrong...

"Gah!" Rosie exclaimed as she was flipped forward onto her bum and taken down! GASTER would make good on this opening by wrapping her arm around the calculating heel's skull for a tight, uncomfortable headlock before prompting her with "Come again?", to which Rosie would respond with: "Ugh, you're a real thorn in my side, you know that?"

With that, Rosie would attempt to fight her way through the headlock and rise up to a kneeling position! She'd use both hands to try and pry GASTER's arm off her cranium! If she was successful in slowly summoning the energy to break free, Soto would attempt to circle behind the self proclaimed "Shadow Lord" whilst still keeping a grasp on her arm to turn the tables with a Hammerlock! Should her reversal work, she'd once again boast.

"Why don't I show you how to really target an opponent's arm?"

Discord - winner3#6867

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Womens' Ring”